Followers

Monday, January 31, 2011

Blessings with morning prayer

It is funny how God works in our lives. He loves us and is over joyed when we love him back. I know the feeling. I am a parent of four. The greatest joy I get is when my kids love me back. And I am amused and sometimes disappointed when my kids suck up to me trying to get something they want and do not necessarily deserve. I want to give to them, but sometimes there is  lesson requirement attached.

This morning I was praying. Praying about a number of things, but mostly thanks to God for all he has done for me. How he sustains me and gives me hope. Thanks for his son. Thanks for the heart he has given me. Thanks for the lessons he teaches me. Thanks for not giving up on me. Even when I have been a fool and sinned against him. Lord thank you. Blessed be your name.

Every morning I have sent out a suggested prayer for the six people on this winters mission team. I being one of them pray about these things and what is on my heart for this mission. In the middle of this part of praying I heard my blackberry notification tone, sound off. How hard it was to not stop praying and ignore it. Then my daughter came all the way up stairs and grabbed my phone and brought it to me. "Daddy your phone-uh"  I thanked God for the blessings in my life including my children, finished my prayer and accepted my phone from my daughter and looked at it.
This is the blessing that was sent to me this morning.

This is the Gomez Cotzal family
They have 12 members living in 1 home.
The fathers ; Domingo, He works in the fields/agriculture
The mother(pictured) stays home
They have 8 children 
4 go to school
The oldest Manchara (pictured in the back ground) has a child and lives with them too.
Anasete (18) She works
Lorenzo (16)
Wendy (15)
Isabel (10)
Esther (9)
Domingo (8)
Odivio (4)- the boy






This is A picture of the Grandmother from the second family
It was not made clear to them whether Solomon was their last name or her husbands name.
In this house she lives with her husband and their 2 children, Their children's spouses, and
Their grandchildren

Maria Wos Quevac is her daughter and the daughters husband is Mauricio Ramirez Wos
They have 2 children
Alex (7)
Hendy Mateo (4)

We did not receive the names of the rest of the family



It is so wonderful to have a picture of the families of whom we pray for.
Lord, prepare us
Mold our hearts and make them soft
shape our thoughts
and prepare our hands and feet to be yours
may you guard us and keep us Holy for your work
May only Your name be held high and glorified
Oh how I love thee
In your sons name
Amen

Please pray for these families
Pray for Pastor Diego,
Brother Tomas,
Gloria of Orphan Outreach in Guatemala 
Our driver Josue 
and our translator
(I have been told it will most likely be Pablo or Cesar)

Grace and Peace
Barrett

No comments:

Post a Comment